Come shape your career with us!
At BIOWEG, we take a unique approach to train Ph.D. and Postdoc candidates and get them ready for exciting careers in the industry. We realized that one of the major pain-points for academic candidates to move to managerial roles in industry is not having substantial prior industrial work experience. Most companies prefer to hire candidates with relevant previous experience, including internships.
BIOWEG’s co-founders come from science and academic background and understand the gap between the academia and industry. This inspired BIOWEG to develop the Research-to-Industry Connect Certificate Program that would help academic graduates gain management skills and support business challenges of some of the fastest growing markets of tomorrow with scientific learnings.
The program requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week. It is designed to give you both on-site and virtual hands-on experience of entrepreneurship and sustainable business while supporting BIOWEG and its corporate partners. The program is extremely competitive and takes 2-4 candidates each quarter, starting on the 1st of the month (January, April, July, and October).
- At the time of program, you must be a Ph.D. or Postdoc candidate (we required a proof of affiliation; reference letter not mandatory)
- Excellent grades in your field of studies
- Industry or first experience as an intern or working student (at a startup) is a strong plus
- Interest in sustainability and technology topics
- Self-starter with strong hands-on mentality, love to get things done, quick learner
- Affinity to work in a digital environment with digital tools
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and ability to create professional, business presentations
- Curious and proactive in nature with a strong analytical mind
- Motivated by an international and fast-paced work environment with a strong team spirit
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English
- German language skill is not mandatory but useful to have
- Available for 3 months
What the program offers you
- Three months of virtual or onsite training opportunity in an international environment
- Dynamic team setting to explore varied business challenges, including topic of choice
- Structured hands-on learning program for project management and other relevant business areas
- Practical application of business use cases and learnings, while supporting BIOWEG and its partners
- Skill sharing, tech and science-based topic talks
- Individual support in future career development
Upon successful completion of the Certificate Program
- Research-to-Industry Connect Program Certificate
- Possibility to join BIOWEG or its corporate partners