Chief of Staff (f/m/x)
Job Code: 100015
On-site work locations - HQ in Quakenbrück (near Osnabrück, DE) or Lab&Office hub in North Rhine-Westphalia (in the Dusseldorf / Cologne area).
BIOWEG is a purpose-driven organization that combines bio-innovation and business to create sustainable, science-based ingredient technologies for the cosmetics, personal care, nutraceuticals, agricultural coatings, and food/beverage sectors. Founded in 2019, our ingredients are 100% animal-free, globally scalable, and sustainably produced without harsh chemicals. We work with results-oriented, forward-thinking companies and consumer brands on a global scale.
BIOWEG recently won awards like LVMH's top 3 sustainable companies, KPMG venture award, etc. The company has had high growth in the last year with a highly motivated and multicultural team trying to create a better living world and a positive, sustainable impact globally.
The Chief of Staff will manage and coordinate projects, facilitate communication between departments, and assist in decision-making. The Chief of Staff will also work closely with the CEO, acting as their right hand and sparring partner. In this, you will drive growth, formulate business strategies, oversee cross-functional projects, and support building our organization. Your role will be pivotal in our journey to scale and success.
Role and Responsibilities
- Strategy: Working with the CEO to develop and execute the company's strategic plans, including market expansion, fundraising efforts, and operational optimization. Prepare and deliver executive-level presentations, reports, and briefings.
- Market research: Conduct in-depth research and analysis to identify growth opportunities, competitive landscapes, and potential risks in the industry. Provide critical insights and recommendations to guide decision-making processes at the executive level.
- Internal Operations: Initiating, leading, and managing special projects, working cross-functionally with teams across the organization.
- Outreach and Negotiations: Manage CRM, reach out to potential clients and strategic partners, and support negotiations and contract discussions.
- Organizational Support: Support Hiring, training, and mentoring staff at all levels, fostering a high-performing and cohesive team.
Qualifications and Experience
- MBA or M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Life Science, Physics, or a related field background is highly desirable
- Prior experience as a strategy consultant or in Industry (Life science, chemical, biotech, healthcare, cosmetics, food, or agri)
- Proven project management experience, including the ability to manage multiple teams and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the confidence to make data-driven decisions.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (German knowledge is beneficial but not mandatory)
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Join our team and experience an attractive mix of challenging job content in a fast-paced startup environment while contributing to a mission-driven company that positively impacts the planet - a supportive culture in an international team of talented and passionate professionals committed to sustainability and innovation. As part of our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary package, comprehensive health insurance, paid time off, and abundant opportunities for personal growth and development. Our HQ is in Quakenbruck, Niederachsen, and a second lab and office hub in the Dusseldorf / Cologne area.